Ultimate End character
    Class: Performer/BMage
    Life:
    220/220  (220/220)
    Weave:
    115/115  (115/115)

Re: Fallout: Fail-Safe

Post by Jacken on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:37 am

Jacken didn't think, he simply hauled off and kicked the grenade as hard as possible, beaning it as far from him as physics could allow. Without even looking, he did a one-eighty and ran back into the stone shelter of the prison. Sweating and heart racing, he pulled out his chinese war sword. Yep, Luck of the Devil, Akuma no un.
    Ordin
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 432
    Experience :
    4 / 504 / 50

Ultimate End character
    Class: Gladiator/Judge
    Life:
    160/200  (160/200)
    Weave:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by Ordin on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:44 am

The sound of the explosion reverberated through the stone walls of the prison. Gunshots and more screaming. The sound of a motorcycle passing very close by. It was slowly growing more hectic.

A pair of raiders kicked open the doors of the prison, searching for more schwag to take back to their base. Both of them wore thick armor, made of leather and rubber, slathered in metal spikes and grime. They toted MP-5 submachine guns and had machetes strapped to their legs. For the moment they were too busy talking to notice Jacken, but that could change quickly.

Good day prospective employer, I am both smarter than a hatful of periwinkles and prettier than two bags of smashed assholes.
    Priest Gaven
    Jacken

Male Number of posts : 22
    Experience :
    5 / 505 / 50

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    220/220  (220/220)
    Weave:
    115/115  (115/115)

Post by Jacken on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:54 am

This wasn't the time to fuck around. Gears started cranking in Jacken's head as he stood there in the dark corner, unnoticed by the raiders. I could definitely kill one, but the other would drop me. If I try to sneak out, I'll be seen easily. Then there's nothing for it...

Jacken removed his hat and suitcoat, stepped out of the shadows slowly, not making sudden movements to startle the stupid raiders. He smiled really stupid and said "HELL YEAH BROTHAS!" and raised his war sword in the air, letting out a battle cry. "Been waitin' for you to come spring me from the joint. They had me in this prison since last year. Thanks to you, my brothers, I'm free again. When do I get to join the old crew again?"

It was all he could do, but Jacken never let an acting gig go unconvincing. There were subtle emotions, expressions, body language you had to put into it for even stupid people to accept something this brash. Jacken only hoped that their organization was too confusing with names and ranks for the raiders to quiz him on anything. He added as one final shove, "Let's kill us some scrubby wastelander scum. They think they're better than us, but brothers, I want payback for locking me up." his face in a scowl.
    Ordin
    Admin

Experience :
    4 / 504 / 50

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    160/200  (160/200)
    Weave:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by Ordin on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:02 am

Difficulty 25 -- Jacken rolled 22+12
    The raiders looked quizzically at each other momentarily, as if they had never seen something so strange. One leaned in close to Jacken, sniffing him like a dog.

"Aye, mayte. Ya, uh, it was no problem," said the one who was not busy smelling Jacken.
    "Say," said the other, looking with a cocked eyebrow into Jacken's face "wot's yer name then, yeah?"

Good day prospective employer, I am both smarter than a hatful of periwinkles and prettier than two bags of smashed assholes.
    Priest Gaven
    Jacken

Experience :
    5 / 505 / 50

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    220/220  (220/220)
    Weave:
    115/115  (115/115)

Post by Jacken on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:06 am

"Nome's Jack. Ripper Jack." Jacken said mocking their accent. "Call me either. Dey said you'd be springin' me from 'ere by letter las month. Got my extra armor in tha jeep?" Jacken asked, keeping his tone. Then he stopped dead and put on a scowl. He sniffed the two men each, put on a face as though mildly satisfied, and sheathed his sword. "Just a mo' " he turned around and grabbed his suit and hat. "Took 'ese from a corpie. He smelled good." Jacken smiled evilly. "Tasted pretty good too." and licked his lips.

"Af'er I killed that DeathClaw with me bare 'ands, the god damn Warden took me and locked me up. One of ya's mind getting my armor from the jeep and the other coming with me ta put some revenge on the ol' warden. Hell, ya can rock-paper-lizard for the warden kill. Whoever loses gets the armor, yeah?"
    Ordin
    Admin

Experience :
    4 / 504 / 50

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    160/200  (160/200)
    Weave:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by Ordin on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:29 am

Difficulty 50 -- Jacken rolled 37+12=49
    The raiders cackled at the allusion to cannibalism, but turned sour at the idea of taking orders. Even if they weren't direct orders; the idea of doing anything asked of them was very odd to a raider.

"Naw, mung!" spat the sniffing raider, "yaw shud come with us back ta tha jeep. Gitcha outter them nasty rags 'n inta somethin' more proper. Mickey here'll set up sum plastics Dag made 'n well blow th' whole fucker up, Warden 'n all,"

The one called Mickey giggled and withdrew a sample of what sniffer was talking about. It wasn't plastic explosives. It was a timed dynamite charge taped to a mini-nuke.

Priest Gaven
    Jacken

Experience :
    5 / 505 / 50

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    220/220  (220/220)
    Weave:
    115/115  (115/115)

Post by Jacken on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:35 am

"Arite Mickey, you're mah fuken mate. " Jacken said without even flinching. He was just a hair off from convincing them. No biggie, they still seemed to take to him. "Oi, Mickey. Cannae get there with ya havin' my back? Tis been a year after all, most of 'em prolly forgot ol' Jackie the Ripper and wif my hair all stupidlike they won't recognize me at all." Jacken grimaced and looked at his reflection in his sword. "I look like a bleedin wastelander scum."

The thought of the mininuke really pleased Jacken as he let the raiders take control of the situation. He made sure to keep in mind when walking to assert himself as though he belonged in the group, walking perfectly instep with them, and lifting his head. He had to look like an equal in walk, if not in dress. Jacken just hoped the leader wouldn't be waiting next to the jeep.
    Ordin
    Admin

Experience :
    4 / 504 / 50

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    160/200  (160/200)
    Weave:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by Ordin on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:47 am

Mickey nodded in a strangely pleasant way, assuring Jacken he'd let anybody who questioned him have a knuckle sandwich, before letting out a shriek of ecstasy and setting the mini-nuke to detonate after five minutes. He ducked into a bathroom and stuck it in a toilet (the idea of an exploding toilet put a real stitch in his spine) before hauling ass back to Jacken and sniffer.

The three headed off together, exiting the jail. Almost instantly a female raider on a motorcycle, head sliced in twain with the towering obelisk of a four foot mohawk, skidded up to them. "Whose dis jack-off? Some sap we're gonna sell to tha slavuhs?"

Mickey patted Jacken on the back vigorously and announced that he was Ripper Jack, the "meanest motha fucka this soid uv Capital Was'land. Sez he was put in ye olde brig fer killin' a deff-claw or summat. Oi dunno, but eez wunna us!"

The female raider cocked an eyebrow at this. "Eee looks like SHIT, I ain't nevva 'eard uv no Ripper Jack."

Mickey's demeanor changed instantly; "well I ain't neva heard of no fuckin' peice of shit disagreein' wif what I'm sayin', CUNT!" before sucker punching her in the chin. She recoiled off her bike and landed in a puddle of muck. Mickey was about to start kicking her in the head when sniffer raised his hand.

"You fuckas act like lil kids. Wot am I gonna do with this shit? You look lika coupla wastelander stiffs arguin' over a can o beans. Picker selves up 'n lets move. This towns 's good 's picked clean, y'ear?" the rambunctious raiders stopped their fight, Mickey helping the motorcyclist back onto her feet. She took off again on her bike, giving the finger as she vanished into a cloud of smoke.

"Oi, some things nevah change, roight?" the sniffer sniffed before continuing on.

Priest Gaven
    Jacken

Experience :
    5 / 505 / 50

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    220/220  (220/220)
    Weave:
    115/115  (115/115)

Post by Jacken on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:55 am

"Fucken raight, that." Jacken agreed, looking back at the prison. He gave it one toothy grin and flipped it the bird, before letting out an audible "Hah!" And "Raight, wenever you're ready ta go." But something caught Jacken's attention.

A black leather tent. Sure, everything was raining pretty hard and his shit was getting soaked. But he paid it no mind, until he saw the rain bend and distort around the leather roof of a tent. Looked like there was someone laying on that roof. It couldn't be...
    Ordin
    Admin

Experience :
    4 / 504 / 50

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    160/200  (160/200)
    Weave:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by Ordin on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:21 am

Mickey and sniffer continued on to the jeep, where raiders were still dragging boxes, joking in their gravelly voices. Lightning split the chaotic scene, illuminating everything for a second. Some of the fires were dying, others were still blazing strong. Towns folk had very much switched from 'protect ourselves' mode to 'reduce damage, mode'.

All of the raiders stopped, as if by instinct. They turned towards the jail. Just as they did there was a flash, time halted. There was a shriek and then no sound. The jail vaporized as a massive mushroom cloud billowed out of the glass and rubble that was left behind, steam rising up with the vapor. People for dozens of yards around were knocked clean off their feet. Luckily, no one was close enough to the blast to be vaporized. The raiders cheered and fired their guns into the air.

Priest Gaven
    Jacken

Experience :
    5 / 505 / 50

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    220/220  (220/220)
    Weave:
    115/115  (115/115)

Post by Jacken on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:24 am

Jacken joined in the cheering and clapped his new companions on the back. He did just enough to blend in but not so much as to stand out, there were a million things he had to think about when conning a very large group of people. The biggest one was simply fitting in with a smaller clique of that group who can ensure your passage into the larger portion. But Jacken was worried about Trevlac.
    Ordin
    Admin

Experience :
    4 / 504 / 50

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    160/200  (160/200)
    Weave:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by Ordin on Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:03 am

"C'mon, Rippah! Git yer ass over here!" yelled Mickey, from the jeep. In his hands he held a box with an extra set of raider armor. "We're gettin' outta here pretty soon. Put this on iffin you wanna."

The armor was a strange amalgam of leather and rubber, adorned with various metal spikes, some almost three inches long. It was very similar to what the others were wearing except it seemed to be much more worn.

------
    The raiders advancing on Trevlac are temporarily stunned until their next turn.

Priest Gaven

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:07 am