Furious Angels

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit

Alice
    Alice

Female Number of posts : 5
    Experience :
    Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Left_bar0 / 500 / 50Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Left_bar10/10Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Empty_bar  (10/10)
    Weave:
    Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Left_bar5/5Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Empty_bar  (5/5)

Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Empty Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit

Post by Alice Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:12 pm

(Forewarning: the below contents contain subjective material and opinions formed by thinking for one's self and using feelings and judgment rather than pure logic and live-and-let-live philosophies. If you are a weak individual who can't read shit you disagree with, then just get the fuck out. Out of FA, out of the internet, out of life in general. Go hold up in your cave somewhere, Plato.

Terms such as BAD, SHIT, FUCKING TERRIBLE, DOUBLE NIGGER, ART, and the like will be used. If you're incapable of seeing that these words are used subjectively, please kindly go jump off a fucking bridge you twat. I don't give a FUCK if you disagree with me. This is the shit going on in my head and I'm PISSED.)

I don't hate people who listen to this shitty music. I hate the music itself and the culture it inspires. Like I hate ICP. That's because I hate their bullshit music and their bullshit culture of Juggalos. I hate rap and hiphop. because it's bullshit and has a bullshit culture. I hate punk, grunge, crust, alt rock, prog rock, psychedelic rock, and indie rock because of the music AND the culture. For me to HATE a music, I have to ALSO hate the culture because otherwise I just think "it's not for me". Like with jazz. I don't hate jazz, it's just not my thing. I can stand it. If someone links me to jazz I'll be like "yeah this is probably good but not my thing sis, thanks". The culture something inspires is much more important to me than the artistic merit of a piece of music.

If, for instance, the culture of psychedelic rock is stoners and drug users (which it is) then I hate all psychedelic rock because I both hate the act of drug use (and inspiring that act) and the artistic qualities of the music itself. I will never ever be able to enjoy that. So fuck Tool. Fuck A Perfect Circle. Fuck no-name Indie Rock bands that fucking no one has heard of. Fuck alt rock. Fuck rap. Fuck hiphop. If the culture a music inspires tell them to steal, be greedy, hit women, be violent, kill people, and generally treat people badly, like HIPHOP AND RAP, then I hate it automatically.

And like all things, wisdom is knowing when there is an exception. There are sometimes exceptions. Those exceptions include the following two statements both being true:

-The music of the same genre does not bolster the bad culture of that genre (read as: I don't feel that it does)
    -The artistic merit of the music stands on its own

An example of this would be MC Sniper's Gloomy Sunday. This does NOT bolster the violent rap culture and DOES stand on its own artistically to me.

There was a movement called the Nazi movement. People did not support the Nazi culture. Most people get really pissed when they see a Nazi uniform because of its association with the regime. If that helps the brain-dead people out there understand why I might view something as bad by association, then I'll fucking violate Godwin's Law all night in its tight little anus.

Years from now when our own culture has moved on, rap and alt rock won't be so bad (if we EVER get to that point) but those are NEW genres and they are RELEVANT to modern interests. And I have an interest in keeping them the fuck OUT of culture because they're vile and wretched to me. So no I don't like them, that's what I feel when I hear those songs, and NO MOTHERFUCKER ON THIS PLANET should be judging me for it or getting pissed at me for disliking their precious little music

If I lived in the Medieval times, I would be PISSED at Epic Metal for inspiring belief in stupid shit like magic and dragons. But modern culture knows it's fiction so we just enjoy the fun of high fantasy Dragonforce. Who the fuck WANTS to live in a world where everyone has the same music tastes anyway?

Oh and you probably don't know what this rant is about. It's not about the music itself. It's about FUCKING PEOPLE who get pissed at me just for insulting some genre they happen to like or just even simply not liking their music. Doesn't matter how nicely, meanly, or articulately I say it, EVERYONE gets their shit in a bunch about this fucking shit. And THAT is what has to fucking stop.
    Daius
    Daius

Male Number of posts : 202
    Experience :
    Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Left_bar3 / 503 / 50Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class: Judge
    Life:
    Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Left_bar179/179Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Empty_bar  (179/179)
    Weave:
    Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Left_bar23/23Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Empty_bar  (23/23)

Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Empty Re: Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit

Post by Daius Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:12 am

Eh, I just forget the whole "related to a culture" shit. If it sounds good to the ears, then I like it, which is why I've taken a liking to the Gorrilaz. I like Tool, but I don't do drugs. Tool makes me feel good. I like Rise Against, but I'm not an activist. Rise Against makes me feel good. I like Matthew Good, but I'm not a pretentious prick who thinks ghosts talk to me. Matthew Good makes me feel Good

It's all about forgetting about the culture surrounding music and just listening to it. If a song is good, it's good. You can feel it, it releases endorphines in a way that jerking off does for a lack of a better description. and when a song is horrible, you KNOW it's horrible because you can feel it. ICP is a good example of this, Cypress Hill is another.

But then again, those bands I assume suck are opinionated and will be debated, but the main idea of forgetting culture and listening to music for what it is still stands. If it feels good to listen to, then listen to it.
    Alice
    Alice

Female Number of posts : 5
    Experience :
    Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Left_bar0 / 500 / 50Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Left_bar10/10Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Empty_bar  (10/10)
    Weave:
    Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Left_bar5/5Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Empty_bar  (5/5)

Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Empty Re: Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit

Post by Alice Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:17 am

That's not how I operate. It's fine for you to operate that way. I just want other people to accept that THIS is how I operate.
    Daius
    Daius

Male Number of posts : 202
    Experience :
    Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Left_bar3 / 503 / 50Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class: Judge
    Life:
    Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Left_bar179/179Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Empty_bar  (179/179)
    Weave:
    Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Left_bar23/23Music rage - this shit HAS to stop god dammit Empty_bar  (23/23)

Post by Daius Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:21 am

which is completely fine. I know it's not how you operate. That's what I do and it helps me avoid the problem you're having. I'd say "try it! do it like this!" but it's objective and open for you to try it. I'm just offering you a solution to the idiocy you come across since it's how I dealt with it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:28 am