Furious Angels

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

trial of Josiah Warren

Toothpick
    Toothpick

Male Number of posts : 273
    Experience :
    trial of Josiah Warren Left_bar2 / 502 / 50trial of Josiah Warren Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class: Gladiator
    Life:
    trial of Josiah Warren Left_bar166/166trial of Josiah Warren Empty_bar  (166/166)
    Weave:
    trial of Josiah Warren Left_bar18/18trial of Josiah Warren Empty_bar  (18/18)

trial of Josiah Warren Empty trial of Josiah Warren

Post by Toothpick Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:57 pm

Partial transcript of the “trial” of Josiah Warren. We’ll explore this in a later flashback issue.

“I call this tribunal to order. Will the defendant please stand?”
    “Mr. Josiah Warren, you are brought before this panel on charges of aiding and abetting terrorism against Coalition forces in Afghanistan, providing illegal weapons such as rocket launchers and plastic explosives to radical groups, 159 counts of attempted murder, and 57 counts of murder in the first degree. Do you understand the charges being brought against you?”
    “I understand.”
    “How do you plead?”
    “…does it matter?”
    “Sorry?”
    “I said, does it matter? How I plead?”
    “It affects the nature of how your defense will be carried out, Mr. Warren. I assume your counselor went over this with you? If you need a few minutes of consultation with your representative to clarify your defense, I will declare a brief recess.”
    “…guilty”
    “Could you repeat that Mr. Warren?”
    “Guilty.”
    “Would you like to make an opening statement, Mr. Warren?”
    “May I be frank?”
    “As long as you remain calm, certainly.”

“I never terrorized anyone. I don’t hate freedom, or believe in God or autocracy. All I did was try to protect those I loved from violence, regardless of their uniform or national origin. I brought my friends guns and taught them to use them. I watched them grow strong and independent. I saw fear pass out of them. I saw women who were once afraid to speak at all in front of men shout down fundementalists in the streets. I saw a woman blow apart a man’s head when he threatened her children at a school. I saw progress, equality, cooperation blooming. We drove out the Taliban from the Khyber Pass, right by Pakistan. We never bothered your soldiers, or the Karzaian troops. You attacked us. Whether you made a mistake, or were trying to stamp out our influence in the area, I don’t know. You walked past the warning signs with weapons aimed. You rolled in tanks and APC’s and mortars. You ordered us to stand down. To abandon the fortress that we poured six months of tedious labor into, with the Taliban harassing us the whole time. You would have stolen our arms and left us to the mercy of the jehadis. He said no. We sent a man out with a proposal, that we protect the area, preserve human rights. You manhandled him, almost shot him, accused him of being a suicide bomber. You tore the agreement up, and moved in. I pushed the button. 57 of your men died in an instant.”
    “We knew you would never try to understand what you asked of us, the insult of it, the condescension. You asked us to give our loyalty to men who slaughtered our people under the Taliban. You put war criminals on the same scale as Milosevic into positions of power. You never spoke out as your aid went into the pockets of drug lords and slaughterers. You thrust one wicked regime out of power in an ocean of blood, and have left Afghanistan to drown in it. You care about nothing but your own interests. Killing your pawns gave me joy, and I would do it a thousand times over.”
    “Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.”

The rest of the trial passed in a blur.
    I didn’t care. Their would be no mercy. Any man who sheds American blood is damned, even if it was in defense of liberty and freedom.
    “Cold. They always keep it cold. Fifty six degrees in here, at least eighty outside. They spend a fortune keeping us miserable.”
    “You go through life, always being told to trust the people in power, the elected officials in all their glittering finery, and maybe you think to yourself that they always seem to be the ones who benefit most from what they do, and that they never follow through with what they promise, but you have a life, you’re busy getting a degree and falling in love and holding a job, so you just shrug it off. Things will right themselves, this is a democracy.”
    “But one day, years later, you’re doing something good, pure, even holy. You’re protecting those you love, or trying to live apart from society. And they, the men you always figured deep down were probably alright, they lock you in a hole, and they forget why you’re there, what you did. You’re just another hairy, ugly face. Just another terrorist…”
    Ordin
    Ordin
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 432
    Experience :
    trial of Josiah Warren Left_bar4 / 504 / 50trial of Josiah Warren Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class: Gladiator/Judge
    Life:
    trial of Josiah Warren Left_bar160/200trial of Josiah Warren Empty_bar  (160/200)
    Weave:
    trial of Josiah Warren Left_bar30/30trial of Josiah Warren Empty_bar  (30/30)

trial of Josiah Warren Empty Re: trial of Josiah Warren

Post by Ordin Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:56 pm

Jesus Christ. This is fucking amazing. I can't wait to start working on this!
    Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Female Number of posts : 686
    Experience :
    trial of Josiah Warren Left_bar0 / 500 / 50trial of Josiah Warren Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    trial of Josiah Warren Left_bar10/10trial of Josiah Warren Empty_bar  (10/10)
    Weave:
    trial of Josiah Warren Left_bar5/5trial of Josiah Warren Empty_bar  (5/5)

Post by Trevlac Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:22 am

I'm raging at the indignity. I'm going to write the ending as he got off and we pull out of Afghanistan and never look at this thread again so my dreams aren't shattered.
    Ordin
    Ordin
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    trial of Josiah Warren Left_bar160/200trial of Josiah Warren Empty_bar  (160/200)
    Weave:

Post by Ordin Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:52 am

haha. i think the story is a winner!
    Toothpick
    Toothpick

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    trial of Josiah Warren Left_bar166/166trial of Josiah Warren Empty_bar  (166/166)
    Weave:

Post by Toothpick Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:19 pm

Now, a bit of his meeting with Luka. This still needs work.

We see Josiah sprinting down past hundreds of abandoned cars. As he runs, we see that he is smiling, and as he rounds a corner, despite the eerie emptiness of the place, he leaps in the air and kicks his heels together while shouting “FREEDOM!!!”
    But as he continues to walk, the expression of gladness melts from his face as he sees the empty, surrealness of an empty New York City. Cars are evetywhere, some burning, most ransacked. He’s seen no one lse so far, just rats, all fleeing in the opposite direction from him. His face is now puzzled and a little frightened. He is still shackled at the wrists, clad in bright orange, vulnerable.
    He sees a man! In the distance. He yells out, “Hey!”
    He jogs towards them, grinning widely and happily.
    “Hello there my good man, I wonder if you could disregard the color of my jumpsuit for the moment and perhaps fetch me some sort of industrial cutting implement, as these bracelets are a mite on the snug…side….”
    The figure has turned. It lacks an eye, and is so monstrously insane looking and WRONG that words can’t do it justice.
    “”….oh fuck…..well…..uh…..”
    Josiah runs. The figure shambles after him, and as he glances over his shoulder, he sees a tidal wave of stumbling, bloody, murderous zombies shuffling and stumbling and in a few cases loping after him.”
    “WhatthefuckwhatthefuckwhatthefuckwhatthefuckwhatthefuckwhattheFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU!!!!”
    He has just realized, as he rounded a corner, that he is now surrounded.
    The drooling beasties draw ever closer.
    With a look of rabid, maddened fear, Josiah hurls himself through a small street level window in a nearby building. Now with rather ugly lacerations on his head, he stumbles quickly up the stairs of some sort of convenience store (ConglomMarto? The Lardification Corporation?) Gaining the roof even as the zombies start up coming in the stairs, he leaps now to the roof of a nearby building. A zombie on that roof attacks him, but he kicks it to the ground and continues leaping on rooftops.
    “Reminds me of running from the police in Kabul, except even the jehadis weren’t this crazy…”
    We see him resting, looking tired on a rooftop. He looks over the area, and using a windowsill and fireescape makes his way to ground level.
    There are a lot of dead in the area, hundreds scattered about like chaff.
    “…How? Why did this happen? What is wrong with these people? Is this the Apocalypse? Is it some sort of disease? And why did it have to catch me with my fucking wrists bound?”
    As he walks, a figure rounds the corner. Josiah jumps a bit.
    “ohfuck…wait, no, look at the walk, the way the head is carried…HEY!!!”
    The figure starts a bit, but almost immnediately begins to approach, hands in pockets.
    “Hey, wow, you are the first non crazy human being I have-“
    The man, a tall skinny guy in black leather with a shaved head, suddenly jolts as blood explodes from his midsection.
    Josiah is too surprised to move as a sturdy figure covered in a gray trenchcoat emerges from behind a car 40 yards away, a bayoneted rifle in hand.
    The man shouts “Don’t move!” in a deep, lightly Russian accented voice.
    Josiah complies, his face calm and measured. This kind of death, he can take.
    The man he shot stirs, but with a hard thrust from his bayonet, the burly man kills him.
    Josiah “Alright, go ahead and kill me. Just don’t string this out, I have other things to do…”
    Luka” Keel you? Why would I keel you?”
    “Why would you kill him?” (gestures towards dead man with head)
    Luka (laughs) “I had my reasons. Did you know that man?”
    “We had just met when you shot him. A bit rude, if you’ll permit my saying so…”
    The Russian smiles. He steps forward, and brings his rifle to bear at Josiah’s head, the tip of his bayonet an inch from his eye.
    “You’re a velly funny man, aren’t you? Given you’re…predicament. I’d theenk you’d be more, how you saw, tvitterpated by current circumstances?”
    “What’s the point in getting upset? I’ve had a few hours of freedom after years in concrete coffins, I’ve felt the sun on my skin and gotten some exercise. Most people-“
    “Enough chatter. Raise your hands.”
    Josiah does so. He looks at peace. Luka chambers a round, then shoots the handcuff chain in two.
    “Wha….”
    Luka “Catch.”
    Josiah catches the gun. His face is open and wondering in shock.
    “Before you avenge your dead friend down there, look in his pockets.”
    Josiah does. IDs. Dozens. All with dark haired people. All with names like Goldberg and Israel.
    “What….”
    He turns over the man, to see a swastika on the front of his jacket. On the inside, a massive knife, rusty with dried blood.
    “Luka: You were seconds from being slaughtered by this man. I’ve been hunting him and his friends ever since this madness started He killed my neighbors…and he is a fascist.”
    Toothpick
    Toothpick

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Toothpick Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:54 pm

If any of you guys can think of a good name for this story, that would be cool
    Ordin
    Ordin
    Admin

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Ordin Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:23 am

LUKKAAAAAA!!!
    Toothpick
    Toothpick

Experience :

Ultimate End character
    Life:
    Weave:

Post by Toothpick Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:54 am

TROTSSSSSSSKKKKKKKKKKYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:40 am