Furious Angels

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

I GOT FIRED

Ordin
    Ordin
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 432
    Experience :
    I GOT FIRED Left_bar4 / 504 / 50I GOT FIRED Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class: Gladiator/Judge
    Life:
    I GOT FIRED Left_bar160/200I GOT FIRED Empty_bar  (160/200)
    Weave:
    I GOT FIRED Left_bar30/30I GOT FIRED Empty_bar  (30/30)

I GOT FIRED Empty I GOT FIRED

Post by Ordin Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:35 pm

I GOT FIRED BUT

So there I fuckin' was, sittin' there, mindin' my own shit, tryin' to fix this guy's fucked up fucking phone. He was getting some s7816 error when trying to refresh his e-mail on a Centro when my manager comes up to me and he's like "hey, I wanna talk to you, could you call this guy back later and go into idle 40?"

I knew right away what was happening. Idle 40 was reserved for a) people who were getting their asses fired or b) when a manager couldn't find another idle to put you in that was specific enough. So I was hoping it was for reason B and responded cheerfully "yeah, hang on, I'm almost done."

Five minutes later he came back "Call that guy back I need to talk to you," I was still on that call and had just RTN'd the guys phone. Basically erased everything on the phone. It wasn't even programmed anymore but I said I'd call him back in like ten minutes.

I trotted over to the manager's desk and sitting there was James Greenway and Sean Green; in my head I called them the Green Team 'cause the team I was on was called Greenway. Apparently our teams merged recently so we had two managers or some shit. I dunno. Green, with his hobbit-like physique, scruffy goatee, and tenchcoat looked like a 8th grade school shooter next to the flesh golem that was 500 ibs. of James Greenway. James leaned awkwardly against the wall, I sat timidly in a chair, and Sean plopped down at the manager's desk and withdrew some papers. He held them out to me like he didn't really wanna let them go. I saw the word "Termination" at the top.

"These are your termination papers," Sean said, with a mixture of visceral satisfaction and meek regretfulness. "Effective tomorrow you're terminated from Alorica, due to company policies about schedule adherence." At this point I was in shock, I kind of tuned him out and stared blankly at the papers. No matter how much I fucking hated that place and its Nazi regime I NEEDED that god damn job!

"So, hand in your badges and headset. If you have any callbacks to do, I'll do them for you."

With the finesse of a drunken man, I stumbled over to my 3x1.5 cubicle (no exaggeration). It suddenly seemed like a haven of well-being, minutes before I had rued it but now it seemed to contain the life force of my prosperity. My rent, cellphone bill, water bill, electric bill, cigarettes, food, gas, and everything else I had hardly thought of were suddenly daunting tasks, looming over my depressed, introverted skull. I handed my shit to Sean, told him I had a callback to make, and they walked me out, per company procedure

People watched as I trotted by. I waved goodbye to Josh, our awesomely Irish team captain, who knew absolutely everything and was the coolest guy in the world. Tyler, the guy that sat next to my cubicle asked where I was going, I just shook my head. Timmy, one of my friends from before I started working stood up. The oddly juxtaposed managers stopped when I had gotten to the elevators and pressed the down button, they obviously didn't care to actually see me out the door.

Once outside, I noticed another guy from our team. His name was David.

"You get the walk out, too?" he muttered. I nodded.
    "Schedule adherence?" I asked meekly.
    "Yeah."

About that time Josh and a tub of annoying named Brandon Porter came strolling out of the building and up to us. Josh explained that they canned at least six people from our team. He said he had almost gotten fired for going to the doctor the day before, but they let him keep his job on the conditions that a) he resigns as team captain and b) he never misses a single minute of work or fucks up at all. He said Alorica doesn't give a shit about doctor's notes anymore. I HAD A FUCKING DOCTOR'S NOTE FOR THAT WEEK OF WORK I MISSED. Sure, I didn't have the greatest attendance and sometimes I took a few minutes of extra break time to shit or something, but FUCK, I had great stats. My average handle time was at least four to six minutes under the limit! My issue resolve was something like 80%!

All of us sat around cursing Alorica's name. The fucked up shit they pull on us. It's like every little mistake is gonna get you fired. 13 minute AHT? Fuck you. more than 30 total minutes of break time in a 10 hour shift? Die. You forget to close with that refuckingtarded closing statement? Shitcanned. Talk about politics, religion, or so much as touch anybody? Fucked. Swear? Fucked. Late? Three times and you're fucked. Right before fucking Christmas. They had been sending us all home in droves for two weeks before today on Early Release because those fuckers had hired on too many people. They were aware everyone hated them; they expected something like 2000 people to quit in the transition from Cityplex to the Eastscape building. The mangers sucked, Sprint sucked, the rules sucked, the Nazism sucked, the workers sucked, the training sucked, the time schedules and fucked up schedule bids all sucked. For a 10 hour shift you get a 45 minute lunch and 3 10 minute breaks, so effectively, they're jacking 20 minutes of paid work from us from what we used to have (3 15 minutes and a 30 lunch). For the number of people that worked there, that must've saved them boat loads of cash. We're all paying for their lack of foresight. With so many new-hires Sprint isn't paying them as much and doesn't transfer as many calls to the center.

So basically they wanna keep the higher-ups running on their ridiculously large salary pay, make the peons work harder, and shit down our throats for every fucking mistake.

I hope Alorica goes under ASAP. They're already heading that way. I wanna start a fucking smear campaign on that place.

Unemployment checks, here I come.
    Trevlac
    Trevlac
    Admin

Female Number of posts : 686
    Experience :
    I GOT FIRED Left_bar0 / 500 / 50I GOT FIRED Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    I GOT FIRED Left_bar10/10I GOT FIRED Empty_bar  (10/10)
    Weave:
    I GOT FIRED Left_bar5/5I GOT FIRED Empty_bar  (5/5)

I GOT FIRED Empty Re: I GOT FIRED

Post by Trevlac Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:21 am

Aw fuck that is horrible. Where are you planning to go next?
    Ordin
    Ordin
    Admin

Male Number of posts : 432
    Experience :
    I GOT FIRED Left_bar4 / 504 / 50I GOT FIRED Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class: Gladiator/Judge
    Life:
    I GOT FIRED Left_bar160/200I GOT FIRED Empty_bar  (160/200)
    Weave:
    I GOT FIRED Left_bar30/30I GOT FIRED Empty_bar  (30/30)

Post by Ordin Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:06 am

I don't know. Sam and are planning on job searching starting tomorrow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:59 pm