Furious Angels

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Followup to Music Rage

Alice
    Alice

Female Number of posts : 5
    Experience :
    Followup to Music Rage Left_bar0 / 500 / 50Followup to Music Rage Right_bar

Ultimate End character
    Class:
    Life:
    Followup to Music Rage Left_bar10/10Followup to Music Rage Empty_bar  (10/10)
    Weave:
    Followup to Music Rage Left_bar5/5Followup to Music Rage Empty_bar  (5/5)

Followup to Music Rage Empty Followup to Music Rage

Post by Alice Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:00 pm

So I've been getting this rebuttal to my music rage when I, inevitably, get into it with some slobbering moron. The rebuttal goes like this:

"Because you insulting the music, and the music is my taste, therefore you insulted my taste. My taste is personal, therefore I take it personally."

I obviously put that in much more coherent and formal terms than "BAWWWW BUT IT REPRESENTS MEEEEEE BAWWW". So anyway, let me tell you what that's bullshit.

This is a fallacy of "honor by association". Which is a special case of red herring that is appealing to emotion. The idea is that my case is invalid because I'm said to be attacking someone's honor by way of association. And that it somehow automatically makes it okay for someone to be a total asstard to me. DO YOU REALIZE HOW BULLSHIT it is to say, "if there exists any x in the set S so that a property φ is true for x, then for all x in S the property φ must be true." THAT'S FUCKING STUPID. If you have INTEREST in something then you are automatically representative of that thing, and any insults levied against the thing itself are now levied against you as well? Do you realize how fucking retarded and psychotic that sounds to a rational person? "I LIKE PLANES. INSULTING PLANES IS INSULTING ME" How fucking juvenile do you have to get before you realize you're playing with a rattler.

All of this just smacks of butthurt., Seriously, just fucking look at this:
    A makes a claim of P's status.
    B also makes a claim of P's status.
    Therefore, P is honorable by association.

Alice claims Prodigy sucks
    Benjamen claims Prodigy is good
    Therefore Prodigy is honorable by association to Ben

Fuck. You. Fuck you hard. Fuck you and your logical fallacy and your appeal to emotion BULLSHIT.

Fuck you a thousand times fuck you.

AND FOR ALL OF YOU OUT THERE WHO CLAIM YOU LOVE LOGIC, JUST LOOK AT THIS RESPONSE. IT'S THE DEFINITION OF A FALLACY. IF YOU USE THIS, YOU ARE BEING FALLACIOUS. Just fucking try to remain consistent goddam you little shitsacks.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:57 am